Saturday 2 April 2011

A Weekend At Taplow Court


I'm spending the weekend at Taplow Court the headquarters of Soka Gakkai International United Kingdom. I'm attending a Buddhist training course here for the duration of the weekend.

I awoke early this morning, I always do when sleeping in unfamiliar rooms. Took advantage of this by strolling around the house and grounds. I found a lovely woodland track at the top of an embankment overlooking the River Thames. Geese were flying overhead. I feel embraced by humanity in this place. This is going to be a great weekend. I deserve it.

3 comments:

1q23 said...

Relax and enjoy.

Magnificent old pile, that house but I love the woods.

Next to hills and valleys, woods are good!

Jason Shaw said...

Looks a fine old wonderful building, really does.

Hope the weekend proved to be enjoyable as well as educational and enlightening.

SteveA said...

Buddihsit retreat? sounds good - but I lack disclipine!