Monday 2 May 2011

A New Beginning

It's been a busy month since my last post. I have moved into a lovely 1 bedroom flat about 10 minutes walk from the house I shared with Bobbin. So I am now officially single. We appear to have dealt with the split as amicably as possible, to the extent that we shared a hug and a kiss on the day I departed. Truth be told we have exchanged more conversation, via phone and text, than we did when we lived together.

In the intervening time I have already had a short relationship with a guy I met in a pub. We'll call him Baby Demon. He's a lovely guy but he has a fair few problems, so he decided to end it after 8 weeks. That's fine though we are still 'friends' and I see him occasionally. Truth be told I'm quite hung up on him still, which to my mind is a classic rebound relationship. I'm chanting for his happiness so something will shift.

I've also started dating! Surprising how sex focused the gay dating scene is. I've only had one date where the possibility of sex was not discussed. This date, The German, is a lovely guy and we share the same taste in loud aggressive music. He's also a fantastic photographer, so I really hope to see him again.

Anyhow, now I've made a new start I hope to recommence blogging on a more regular basis.

1 comment:

1q23 said...

Recently having left a relationship (which had gone on a while) is a strangely liberating and yet empty sort of feeling, as I recall,

Yeah - relationships on the rebound are always likely to be 'out of focus' as you imply. You may need two or three before you can really sort out whether you want a longer or deeper relationship with him - or with him.

Enjoy your freedoms - while you have them! And be gentle on your lovers, both past and present.