Tuesday 22 February 2011

A Family Gathering

Spent last few days out of town, staying with my sister for a couple of nights and then with my parents for the final night. I have two sisters and I get along with them both. The sister I stayed with I get along with really well. We like going off the radar together, she visits me in London and we haul ourselves round the gay clubs until well after the sun has risen. We've also spent 2 wayward weekends at music festivals, Glastonbury in 2008 and Bestival last year. We enjoy gigs together as well, 3 or 4 times a year where possible. She has a family so doesn't do all these things as often as I do, but when she does get away she really let's her hair down. My other sister is really great too but slightly more sensible. Sunday we all got together at the wild sisters house near Maidstone, Kent. It was great to catch up with them both and my two brother-in-laws.

I 'transferred' to my parents on the last night as I needed to catch up with them away from the noise of the family gathering. They both seem quite supportive of me during this current crisis I'm going through.

My father suffers from Parkinsons Disease. He was diagnosed about 4 years ago but over the last year his 'shuffle' walk has worsened, despite the medication. He has trouble turning corners. It's almost like when a cartoon character runs off a cliff, their legs keep stepping but they go nowhere. He's very determined however. He spent this morning before I left chopping up branches in the garden. I offered to help but he wasn't having none of it. Way to go Dad!

No comments: