Saturday 19 February 2011

GUM And The Sound Of One Hand Clapping

For one reason or another I have kicked against and stomped on my relationship with R. I have felt the need to drown my sorrows in drink and seek company in the comfort of strangers. As far as R is concerned this is the main factor in the deterioration of our relationship, whilst I see a deeper more disquieting dissatisfaction with how we connect as two individuals.

So after a number of drunken fumbles with a couple of strangers I thought it best to have a sexual health check up. So here I am sitting in the reception area of a Central London GUM Clinic. Just got out of initial consultation with the doctor and I've been advised that what went on was low risk. I'm not really into anal as, frankly, it's a bit of a pain in the arse.

This clinic is well amusing. It's slap bang in the centre of Soho - "Londons Gay Ghetto" - so 99% of the clients are men. And 99% of them are so hot. Shame we're all on this particular ship of fools.

Been back in for full set of checks. It appears I have a NSU (non specific urethritis). I've got to wait for other test results. Thankfully only thing required at present is a single strong dose of antibiotics.

No guilt about R either as nothing gone on since this particular episode of jumping off the rails began. I may not be the most faithful of boyfriends but I'm not a total bastard.

No comments: